BPP University Careers Service (“BPP Careers Service” or “We”) as part of BPP University Limited (“BPP”), has developed these Employer Vacancy Terms and Conditions to ensure that employers/recruiters (the “Employer”) comply with certain recognised employment standards and guidelines when using BPP services.
In all that we do, BPP Careers Service acts only as a conduit between the Employer and BPP students or graduates (the “Student”). BPP Careers Service cannot make any representations for either the Employer or the Student.
BPP Careers Service is a member of the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (“AGCAS”). To promote best practice in recruitment we subscribe to the principles and guidance of Best Practice in Graduate Recruitment guidance endorsed by AGCAS, the National Union of Students (“NUS”) and the Association of Graduate Recruiters (“AGR”).
The placement of an advertisement with BPP Careers Service shall be deemed as acceptance of and agreement to the following terms and conditions:
1. BPP Careers Service reserves the right to refuse to place an advert or remove it from our listings if, in our opinion, it is deemed that the advert (i) is not in the best interests of the Student; (ii) potentially breaches employment regulations; or (iii) could bring BPP Careers Service or BPP into any form of disrepute.
2. BPP Careers Service reserves the right to edit listed vacancies where necessary.
3. Where a vacancy is received by BPP Careers Service, we reserve the right to advertise it to the whole student body (i.e. students from all our centres and on all the courses BPP teach).
4. If the Employer wishes us to select Students to put forward to them from an advertisement, we will only do so (at our discretion) if we are provided with clearly defined objective requirements and a recruiting process in line with the Employer’s formal recruitment processes. Any selection process will be formally agreed in writing between the BPP Careers Service and the Employer.
5. The Employer will inform BPP Careers Service as soon as the vacancy is filled or is no longer available so it can be removed from our listings. BPP Careers Service will remove any vacancy after the agreed closing date, or if agreed with the Employer to do so before the agreed closing date.
6. BPP Careers Service will not advertise vacancies which require the Student to make any payment to take up the opportunity, except in exceptional circumstances.
7. The Employer must comply with Minimum Wage legislation requirements as described by the National Minimum Wage Act (1998) and payment of tax or organisation of tax exemption arrangements, National Insurance contributions, or submission of Declaration of Income forms (P38) as necessary, to HM Revenue and Customs (Inland Revenue).
8. The Employer must adhere to full occupational Health and Safety regulation as set out in relevant legislation.
9. The Employer should ensure that vacancies submitted to us meet all requirements of current employment and equal opportunities legislation. BPP accepts no responsibility for any advertisements placed that do not meet this criteria.
10. For overseas opportunities, BPP Careers Service is not responsible for checking that the vacancy complies with employment law in other jurisdictions. The Employer is to ensure that opportunities meet relevant legal requirements and good practice in other jurisdictions. BPP will not be responsible for checking a candidate’s right to work in the UK for any vacancy advertised with BPP Careers Service.
11. To the maximum permitted by law, BPP Careers Service shall bear no liability for any loss, damage or delay to the Employer, the Student or other users arising from the use of this service.
12. BPP Careers Service will not enter into any terms of business with the Employer in relation to any vacancy or terms & conditions of Employment with the Student. Any contracts of employment are between the Student and the Employer.
13. Where the Employer is a recruitment consultancy/agency, BPP Careers Service will allow the Employer to advertise opportunities provided that the Employer discloses the name of their client to BPP Careers Service. Where requested by the client, this will not be disclosed to applicants. We do not hold, distribute or place posters or other promotional material for recruitment agencies either within the BPP Careers Service or BPP. BPP Careers Service reserves the right to be selective in our dealings with Employers who are recruitment agencies.
14. BPP Careers Service may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this service or its content at any time.
15. BPP Careers Service will advertise unpaid work experience opportunities where it is reasonable to assume that the relationship that the Student has with the Employer is one of a ‘volunteer, ’ in accordance with the National Minimum Wage Act (1998).
16. Where the Student is likely to attend the Employer’s premises, or otherwise assist the organisation, on a ‘full-time, unpaid basis’ i.e. 5 days per week, then these opportunities should not exceed 1 (one) month in duration.
17. BPP Careers Service recommend that an Employer offering unpaid opportunities of up to 1 month, (or full time equivalent) reimburse the Student for all reasonable expenses incurred as a gesture of goodwill.
18. For the avoidance of doubt, the Employer must comply with all relevant legislation including, but not limited to, the National Minimum Wage Act (1998) for all non-volunteer roles. It is the responsibility of the Employer to ensure this compliance. BPP and/or BPP Careers Service shall not be held responsible by either the Employer or the Student for any non-compliance of such applicable legislation.
19. BPP Careers Service subscribes to the AGCAS Position Statement on internships to promote good practice for internships which can be found
20. All users of our service may provide us with Complaints, Comments, Compliments or suggestions. Please find the BPP Careers Service Complaints, Comments and Suggestions Procedure on our online careers platform, “CareerHub”, and available to view at our careers service centres.
All users of CareerHub and associated services are deemed to agree to be bound by and accept these Terms and Conditions.
© BPP University Limited 2017 - Part of the Apollo Global Education Network
BPP House, Aldine Place, 142-144 Uxbridge Road, London W12 8AA, registered in England and Wales under company number 02609100